Verba mea auribus
ONDER my words, O Lord : consider my meditation
2. O hearken thou unto the voice of my calling, my King, and my God : for unto thee will I make my prayer.
3. My voice shalt thou hear betimes, O Lord : early in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4. For thou art the God that hast no pleasure in wickedness : neither shall any evil dwell with thee.
5. Such as be foolish shall not stand in thy sight : for thou hatest all them that work vanity.
6. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing : the Lord will abhor both the blood-thirsty and deceitful man.
7. But as for me, I will come into thine house, even upon the multitude of thy mercy : and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
8. Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness, because of mine enemies : make thy way plain before my face.
9. For there is no faithfulness in his mouth : their inward parts are very wickedness.
10. Their throat is an open sepulchre : they flatter with their tongue.
11. Destroy thou them, O God; let them perish through their own imaginations : cast them out in the multitude of their ungodliness; for they have rebelled against thee.
12. And let all them that put their trust in thee rejoice : they shall ever be giving of thanks, because thou defendest them; they that love thy Name shall be joyful in thee;
13. For thou, Lord, wilt give thy blessing unto the righteous : and with thy favourable kindness wilt thou defend him as with a shield.
Domine, ne in furore
LORD, rebuke me not in thine indignation : neither chasten me in thy displeasure.
2. Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak : O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed.
3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, Lord, how long wilt thou punish me?
4. Turn thee, O Lord, and deliver my soul : O save me for thy mercy’s sake.
5. For in death no man remembereth thee : and who will give thee thanks in the pit?
6. I am weary of my groaning; every night wash I my bed : and water my couch with my tears.
7. My beauty is gone for very trouble : and worn away because of all mine enemies.
8. Away from me, all ye that work vanity : for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9. The Lord hath heard my petition : the Lord will receive my prayer.
10. All mine enemies shall be confounded, and sore vexed : they shall be turned back, and put to shame suddenly.