LESSED is he whose unrighteousness is forgiven : and whose sin is covered.
2. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth no sin : and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3. For while I held my tongue : my bones consumed away through my daily complaining.
4. For thy hand is heavy upon me day and night : and my moisture is like the drought in summer.
5. I will acknowledge my sin unto thee : and mine unrighteousness have I not hid.
6. I said, I will confess my sins unto the Lord : and so thou forgavest the wickedness of my sin.
7. For this shall every one that is godly make his prayer unto thee, in a time when thou mayest be found : but in the great water-floods they shall not come nigh him.
8. Thou art a place to hide me in, thou shalt preserve me from trouble : thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.
9. I will inform thee, and teach thee in the way wherein thou shalt go : and I will guide thee with mine eye.
10. Be ye not like to horse and mule, which have no understanding : whose mouths must be held with bit and bridle, lest they fall upon thee.
11. Great plagues remain for the ungodly : but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord, mercy embraceth him on every side.
12. Be glad, O ye righteous, and rejoice in the Lord : and be joyful, all ye that are true of heart.
EJOICE in the Lord, O ye righteous : for it becometh well the just to be thankful.
2. Praise the Lord with harp : sing praises unto him with the lute, and instrument of ten strings.
3. Sing unto the Lord a new song : sing praises lustily unto him with a good courage.
4. For the word of the Lord is true : and all his works are faithful.
5. He loveth righteousness and judgement : the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
6. By the word of the Lord were the heavens made : and all the hosts of them by the breath of his mouth.
7. He gathereth the waters of the sea together, as it were upon an heap : and layeth up the deep, as in a treasure-house.
8. Let all the earth fear the Lord : stand in awe of him, all ye that dwell in the world.
9. For he spake, and it was done : he commanded, and it stood fast.
10. The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought : and maketh the devices of the people to be of none effect, and casteth out the counsels of princes.
11. The counsel of the Lord shall endure for ever : and the thoughts of his heart from generation to generation.
12. Blessed are the people, whose God is the Lord Jehovah : and blessed are the folk, that he hath chosen to him to be his inheritance.
13. The Lord looked down from heaven, and beheld all the children of men : from the habitation of his dwelling he considereth all them that dwell on the earth.
14. He fashioneth all the hearts of them : and understandeth all their works.
15. There is no king that can be saved by the multitude of an host : neither is any mighty man delivered by much strength.
16. A horse is counted but a vain thing to save a man : neither shall he deliver any man by his great strength.
17. Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him : and upon them that put their trust in his mercy;
18. To deliver their soul from death : and to feed them in the time of dearth.
19. Our soul hath patiently tarried for the Lord : for he is our help and our shield.
20. For our heart shall rejoice in him : because we have hoped in his holy Name.
21. Let thy merciful kindness, O Lord, be upon us : like as we do put our trust in thee.